As you would expect, Pi takes our members' privacy very seriously.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please e-mail Ellen MacWhirter at email@example.com.
We value the importance of our members' trust in our services. In this respect we appreciate that it is very important that you understand what information we may collect in connection with administering memberships and serving our members better, what we will do with this information and what choices and controls you have.
We take a proactive approach to member privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of our members throughout their membership. Here we explain what information we collect, what we do with it and what choices and controls members have.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide about yourself by completing our membership forms, or by subscribing to, or participating in, any of our events, services, community interest groups, meetings or otherwise ("Pi Event"). This information may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, employment, industry and professional details, charitable involvement and interests in addition to your member biographies and photographs.
- Information that you may provide to us about others including family members where they are attending as a guest at a Pi Event.
- Information that we may collect about you from other sources, for example if you ask us to help you with completing your member biography or in the context of any making membership checks referred to below.
- Details of any transactions in connection with your membership.
- Additional information you provide as part of your membership application, (including any anti-money laundering or related verification documentation we may be required to obtain from you in relation to your application) and membership questionnaire.
- Details of your participation in Pi Events, including any working groups or specific interest communities or networks between members.
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding your membership or its content.
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run for member research purposes, if you choose to respond to or participate in them (collectively referred as "Your Information").
- Payment processing
Payments made to us are submitted directly to our bank account. We do not keep any financial information or bank details on file.
- Use of your information
We highly value our members and as such will use your information in our legitimate interests for internal research and analysis to understand member interests in order to increase the value of your membership provided these interests are not overridden by your rights. We may also use your information to contact you with your consent, about our Pi Events and activities and enabling you to better participate in Pi Events when you choose to do so. You have a right to opt out of these mailings at any time by using the unsubscribe in any of our communications with you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With whom is your information shared?
We may share your name, contact details and your biography provided by you for this purpose with other members to help you get the most from your membership except where you expressly ask us not to do so. For example:
- in connection with the running of specific Pi Events, including work groups or interest communities in which you choose to participate, we may share your contact details with other members who are attendees or those other members who share your stated interest.
- information may be made available within your member profile as part of a members' directory and, from time to time, on attendee information handouts at members' events. In such cases, members’ profiles are accessible by all other members and by certain of our strategic partners.
- in connection with certain co-hosted Pi Events we may, with your agreement, share ahead of the event, the details of your attendance with the co-host.
You agree that the information contained in members’ profiles is confidential and is made available strictly for social and business networking purposes of members only. You agree that you will not, directly or indirectly, use (or enable any third party to use) any such information for any other purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promoting or offering any products or services to any other member, or creating a database by systematically downloading and storing members’ information or linking to or ‘scraping’ members’ information by any automated means.
We may disclose Your Information in our legitimate interest to our ultimate holding company, subsidiaries or affiliates, our employees or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing a Pi Event, support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We may disclose Your Information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend our rights, property or personal safety.
We may disclose Your Information to a third party either as part of a reorganisation or a sale of our assets in our legitimate interest, having ensured that steps have been taken to ensure that individual's data privacy rights continue to be protected.
- Where is your information stored?
Your Information is held by us on computers located in the United Kingdom and may also be processed in other countries outside the EEA where our service providers maintain operations such processing is necessary to support services under our membership terms with You or in our legitimate interests. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If we transfer personal information in this way, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that individual privacy rights continue to be protected either by transferring personal data subject to a finding of adequacy by the EC, by entering into EC Approved standard contractual clauses for transfers of personal data with our service provider or by ensuring that the service providers are subject to an EC approved adequacy mechanism such as a valid certification under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework (see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu_en).
We place great importance on the security of Your Information. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to Your Information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
- How long we keep your information
We retain personal data for the term of your membership and otherwise where you remain interested in hearing of Pi events and activities. We may also retain information necessary to meet our contractual obligations to you, to identify issues or to resolve any claims or legal proceedings or beyond this time in our legitimate interests for internal research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services (which may be retained in aggregate form).
Where we aggregate records, you cannot be identified from that aggregate information retained or used for these purposes
- Individual rights
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to our event and activity communications [as mentioned in our Use of your information section];
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent:
Where the processing of your personal information by us, is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us. You can also change your communication preferences at any time as described in our use of your information' section;
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data
- Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be mentioned when you review your membership with us and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Please e-mail any questions, concerns or comments you have about this Policy to Ellen MacWhirter at email@example.com.